Who we are
Hello! This website, www.fundamentalwellbeing.life, is owned and operated by Heidi Hogarth (ABN 83215639823). If you have any questions or need further information, please contact:
I choose to voluntarily comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). I understand that visitors from the EU may access this site, so I also aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you engage with me via this website, or choose to become my client, I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- your name, email address and/or phone number if you make an appointment, register and/or subscribe to my email newsletters
Interests, preferences & other information
- your opinion about future topics, products or services that may interest you
- information that allows me to tailor my content to your needs when you sign up for one of my webinars or promotional events
- subject to your browser settings, I may collect your IP address, and information about your browsing history to help me improve the usability and appeal of my website
Collection and Use
I may collect your personal information by various means including but not limited to:
- an opt-in form for my mailing list
- a client intake form when you book a consultation
I use this information to:
- provide you with relevant news and updates about my services
- improve this website and the services I provide
I will only collect your personal information:
- with your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide me with information
- if I need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- if I am legally required to collect it
- for necessary administrative processes if you become my client
- if I believe that I can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data for marketing purposes, although I will always give you a choice to opt out
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
I understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive.
I will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
Method of collecting sensitive information
- written and/or electronic notes taken during a consultation
- when you send me information, such as in an email or other means
The reason I collect this information is:
- so that I can provide you with the services you have contracted for
- to ensure that I am providing you with the most appropriate services
The sensitive information I ask you to provide for this purpose may include but is not limited to:
- your medical history
- your birth date
I am committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
- Any written and/or hard copies of sensitive information are stored in secure facilities
- Any electronic copies of sensitive information are stored on a password & fingerprint-protected personal computer which only I have access to
Collection from minors
Sensitive information may be collected from children under the age of 18 under the following circumstances:
- in the presence of their parents
- with their parent or guardian’s full consent
All archived sensitive information is securely destroyed after 7 years.
As a health professional, I have a number of regulations I choose to abide by, including:
- Maintaining confidentiality except with explicit consent, when required by law or there is serious risk to the client or another person
- Provision of records to the client and their practitioners if requested
You may choose not to provide me with your personal information. However, if you do not provide me with accurate personal information, I may not be able to provide you with the best service possible.
Use of Personal Information
Reasons why I may disclose your personal information include:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to refer you to another health professional
- to send you goods via post or courier
In order to do this, I may share some relevant personal information – on a strictly need to know basis – with third parties such as legal, medical and financial professionals; my own marketing and website service providers; Australia Post; and courier/logistics companies.
I will never sell your details to a third party.
I will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where I have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to my functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me to discuss this personally.
I take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
I manage risks to your personal information by:
- storing files securely
- ensuring that only I have access to sensitive information
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis, and
- conducting regular audits of my security systems.
As mentioned above, your personal information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy:
- Metagenics https://www.metagenics.com.au/en/Privacy
- Active campaign https://www.hellosign.com/privacy
- Square https://squareup.com/au/en/legal/general/privacy
From time to time I may combine information provided by you with information gathered from:
- Google Analytics
- personal contact
If you do not wish this to occur, please contact me.
Access to Information
You can contact me to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless I am subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits me to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and I believe there is a valid reason for doing so, I will endeavour to make your information available to you within 30 days.
Please begin the process by sending an email requesting access to your information to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will endeavour to respond within 7 days.
If you are not satisfied with my response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting:
- the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
- the health ombudsman in your state or territory.
Notification of Breach
If I have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, I will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If I still believe that you are at risk, I will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.
Notification of Change